What is a marriage certificate?
The marriage certificate certifies the sacred bond between husband and wife. It is issued by the District Registrar of Marriages, as per the Religious Marriage and Special Marriage Acts.
And we at legaltax provide the most professional marriage registration service, so, if you want a marriage certificate, all you have to do is give us a call and our expert team will facilitate it as well as help you in the easiest way. Time is cheap.
Our customer-centric approach makes us unique, making us the best marriage registration service provider.
Marriage Registration in Delhi
Marriage certificate act in India
At present there are two Marriage Registration Acts under which marriage certificate is issued:
The Hindu Marriage Act, of 1955 states that “When the husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or when they convert to any of these religions, they shall be deemed to have been registered under this Act.”
The Special Marriage Act, 1954 states that “Whereas, this Act prescribes the procedure for both solemnization and registration of marriage certificate where either of the parties or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs.
Required Documents for Marriage Registration
To acquire a marriage certificate, the following is a list of documents required
Husband’s Age proof (Anyone)
Wife’s Age Proof (Any One)
Address Proof (Any One)
Marriage or Wedding Proof
Criteria For Marriage Registration
There are certain criteria that have to be fulfilled in order to obtain a marriage certificate. here is a list
- Both parties should be from India. The age of the girl should be 18 or above and the age of the boy should be 21 or above.
- Both the boy and the girl should not be already married or in the case of a person already married, the spouse should not be alive.
- The parties (boy and girl) should be physically and mentally fit.
- The bride and groom should not be related under a relationship prohibited under the law.
Marriage Certificate and Registration Process
- Submit the application in description format along with necessary documents to the Court of Marriage Officer.
- The documents will be verified by the SDM and the marriage will be registered in the presence of 3 witnesses.
- After the marriage, the marriage certificate will be issued by the SDM to the party.
Steps to get a marriage certificate
- First, we understand the customer’s requirement
- We share a list of required documents
- We will share the soft copy of the documents with the client YDS
- Legal tax will create an affidavit and send it to the client for signature
- We will submit the application to the marriage registrar’s office
- We will take an appointment at the marriage registrar’s office for the physical appearance of the client
- The couple should go to the court with 3 witnesses or at least two witnesses.
- The marriage certificate will be made by SDM
Benefits of Marriage Registration Certificate
- It provides social security, and self-confidence, especially among married women.
- A marriage certificate is valuable proof of marriage.
- The Certificate of Marriage is required for getting a visa for the wife/husband
- It helps in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance policy benefits in case the depositor or insurer dies without a nominator or otherwise
Professional Advocate / Consultants Services Near You At Your Doorstep
Legaltax is the most professional service provider of marriage registration services. What sets us apart is that we provide same-day service and accept payment only after the work is done. This makes obtaining the marriage certificate a hassle-free process.
- Online Marriage Certificate Registration Procedures and Fees in Delhi
- All you Need to Know About Trademark Renewal
- Trademark Class 18: Leather and Leather Imitations
- Trademark Class 16: For Paper, Books, and Office Stationery
- Trademark Class 17: Rubber, Asbestos, and Mica
- Documents Required for Import Export Registration in India