Marriage Registration in Delhi
The marriage certificate is a legal document evidencing marriage that has taken place between a bride and a groom. Marriage, its matrimony or wedlock, is a culturally and often legally recognized union between people called spouses. It establishes rights and obligations between them, as well as their children, and their in-laws.
Marriage is the beginning, the beginning of the family, and a life-long commitment to each other. It also provides an opportunity to grow in selflessness as you serve your wife and children. Marriage is more than a physical union; it is also a spiritual and emotional union. Marriage is the process by which two people accept a relationship publicly, officially, and permanently. It is the joining of two people in a bond that lasts until death.
Many of the bride, groom, and their family are busier in the planning of the venue, Food menu, and preparation compared to registration of the marriage. While it’s easy to forget marriage Registration because you are very busy planning the marriage ceremony and other functions. Nowadays obtaining a valid marriage registration certificate plays a vital role in the aspect of getting married.
Importance of Marriage Registration
Marriage registration is a necessity to validate marriage legally in India. It also plays an important document when applying for a passport, any other kind of property purchase, opening a bank account, or applying for a companion visa. It is valid proof that you both are legally married to your partner. So, you should remember that getting your marriage registered is an essential step to securing your future.
Eligibility of marriage registration
Every marriage that is solemnized in Delhi comes under the Delhi (Compulsory Registration of Marriage) Order, 2014 irrespective of caste, creed, or religion of the spouses involved. But there are certain pre mention conditions that have to be accepted if a marriage is to be registered within NCR. Therefore, the below points make couples eligible to apply for a marriage certificate to record their marriage in Delhi.
- One spouse should be a Delhi native or has address proof within Delhi
- The marriage itself took place in Delhi
- As per the Hindu Marriage Act, both spouses have to be Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, or Jain.
- Neither bride nor groom should have a legal and living spouse while applying for a second marriage.
- Both must give valid consent, freely and without any external force or aggression.
- The age criteria for males must be 21 and females should be at least 18 years old respectively.
Documents required for online marriage registration application in Delhi:
1. Age proof of Husband (Anyone of the following)
- Birth Certificate
- Leaving Certificate
- SSC Exam Certificate
- Civil Surgeon Certificate
2. Age proof of Wife (Anyone of the following)
- Birth Certificate
- Leaving Certificate
- SSC /Exam Certificate
- Civil Surgeon Certificate
3. Residential Proof (Anyone of the following)
- Election Card
- Electricity Bill
- Registered Rent Agreement
- Driving License
- Ration Card
4. Marriage Proof
- Marriage Invitation Card
- A marriage Photo with 2 Passport size photos of the husband and wife is compulsory
5. Witness (2)
- Aadhaar Card or Any Id Card
- Passport size photo
Note: The documents set of Original with one xerox copy one should carry with them for the registrar’s office visit.
Procedure for Marriage Registration under the Hindu Marriage Act Process can be completely done online by using the Delhi govt. e-district website, after the marriage, is solemnized and conducted as per the Hindu customs and rituals, Couples who belong to Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, or Sikh traditions may register under the Hindu Marriage Act. Moreover, Sikhs may choose to register their marriage under the Anand Marriage Act. This process is also similar if the registration takes place using the Hindu Marriage Act. Below are steps to be followed by the bride and groom for marriage registration while submitting an application form online.
- Collect the list of documents required.
- Draft the required Affidavits in the prescribed format.
- Go to e – district website
- .Click on ‘Make Appointment with DM’.
- Register on this portal.
- Select your district as per geographic jurisdiction.
- Fill in the details,
- Select the ‘Registration of Marriage Certificate’ option.
- Fill in the required details.
- Select the date of the appointment
- Book an appointment for the physical appearance of both the couple and the witnesses
- Submit the application with the necessary documents
- The acknowledgment page to which you will be redirected will have details regarding the appointment date.
- Take a printout of this Acknowledgement slip.
- Both should appear with a witness on the appointment date
- Collect the issued marriage certificate.
- The total time required is approximately 15 days.
Marriage registration under Special Marriage Act
If either spouse belongs to any other religion eg. Hindu, Sikh, Jain, or Buddhist, then the Special Marriage Act may be used to solemnize the wedding. However, it usually approximately takes 30 days extra. The following are the steps in this process:
1. Collect the documents required.
2. Draft the required Affidavits in the prescribed format…
3. Submit the application form with the required documents to the marriage registrar’s office
4. Book an appointment as per the guidelines mentioned above.
5. On the day of the appointment Visit the marriage registrar’s office.
6. 30-day notice will be there in the registrar’s notice and published in the newspaper so that if someone has an objection, they have to object within the particular time.
7. After 30 days, another appointment is booked.
8. Make sure of physical appearance on the day of the appointment,
9. Complete the documents verification after that, the marriage is registered.
10. Then, you will receive your marriage certificate.
Government Marriage Registrar certificate Offices in Delhi
According to residential address Delhi has 9 marriage registrar offices given below:-
1. North Delhi – 1, Kripa Narain Marg, Delhi.
2. East Delhi – I&F Office complex, LM Bandh, Geeta Colony, Delhi
3. South Delhi – MB Road, B.D.O.Office, Near Anupam Apartments, Saket, New Delhi- Tehsil Building, Mehrauli, New Delhi
4. West Delhi – Old Middle School Building, Rampura, Lawrence Road
5. Central Delhi – SDM office, Karol Bagh-Jhandewalan, New Delhi
6. New Delhi – Jam Nagar House, Near India Gate, New Delhi
7. South-West Delhi – Old Terminal Tax Building, Kapashera, Delhi
8. North-East Delhi – Weaver’s complex, Nand Nagari, Delhi
9. North-West Delhi – Bawana Road, Kanjhawala, Delhi
Why choose legal tax for marriage registration?
All the steps can be made much more simple with Legaltax. We make marriage registration quick, convenient, and easy. Moreover, you just need to provide your basic details and upload scans of your documents. We will apply on your behalf, and you’ll merely be called in on the day of solemnization for the purposes of verification only. Legal tax is ready to go that extra mile to help businesses achieve their goal. The legal tax team provides our best services to our customers always and is ready to resolve any kind of issues related to the certification process. Don’t hesitate to talk to our experts to know more about the process.